Named in honor of the Brazilian NGO with which we have worked since 2005. ESPLAR* supports organic and family farming in the Nordeste region.
Leather upper - Leather panels and chrome-free leather
- Chrome-free leather V logo
- 100% organic cotton laces
- Technical inner lining (100% recycled polyester) developed to acquire better resistance to friction and offer maximum comfort and flexibility thanks to its mesh structure.
- Insole in sugar cane (40%), organic cotton (12%), Amazonian rubber (11%), & recycled EVA* (11%)
- Vulcanized outsole in rice waste (23%), Amazon rubber (19%), recycled rubber (12%), etc.
- Made in Brazil
ChromeFree leather is smooth and lightweight. Sourced from farms located in southern Brazil (Rio Grande do Sul), it undergoes an innovative tanning process where no chromium, heavy metals or dangerous acids are involved. By simplifying the tanning process, the use of chemicals and energy is reduced, the use of water is reduced by approximately 40% and the use of salt by 80%. After tanning, the water is recyclable.
* Escritório de Planejamento e Assessoria Rural (Rural Planning and Advisory Association)
** ethylene-vinyl acetate